OncLive, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host its latest State of the Science Summit„¢ on Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Updates from World Conference on Lung Cancer, Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown in Syracuse, New York. The summit will be chaired by Stephen L. Graziano, M.D., professor of medicine, division chief of medicine, division chief of adult hematology and oncology, Upstate Cancer Center.
Designed for community oncologists, fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of patients with lung cancer, this summit will discuss updates in lung cancer screening, new diagnostic and staging techniques, minimally invasive surgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), stage III non-small cell lung cancer, targeted therapy (EGFR and ALK), emerging biomarkers, new and emerging data on immunotherapy. The event will also feature a peer exchange, which will be followed by a panel discussion and question-and-answer session.
The following presenters from the Upstate Cancer Center will speak at the summit:
- Amishi Desai, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, hematology and oncology
- Adham Jurdi, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, medical director of hematology and oncology, medical director of adult hematology and oncology
- Leslie J. Kohman, M.D., FACS, Distinguished Service Professor of Surgery
- Michael D. Mix, M.D., assistant professor of radiation oncology
- Manju P. Paul, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, pulmonary/critical care
- Jason M. Wallen, M.D., MBA, FACS, FACP, assistant professor of surgery, co-director of gastric and esophageal, division chief of thoracic surgery, director of gastric and esophageal cancer program, medical director of thoracic oncology program
State of the Science Summit„¢ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
. Indepth Analysis & Opinion . Interviews . Exclusive Reports
. FreeDigital Magazines . News & updates. Event Invitations
& Much More Delivered To Your Inbox For Free.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive, Oncology Nursing News and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.